Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Burial Mound of Gilliard Wolfclan [One-Page Dungeon]


I missed it last year, but this year I wanted to make sure I entered the One Page Dungeon Contest.

The Burial Mound of Gilliard Wolfclan is a short adventure for a handful of newbie characters that I've run in a couple different systems. I had fun redrawing the maps in that crazy isometric style. More importantly, the adventure includes an introduction by my favorite NPC, Old Tooley!

You can see some of the maps right on this here blog post, I've shared the entire dungeon over on Google Drive.

(EDIT: And already I find some typos that needed fixed. Well, they are fixed now!)

"I'm the oldest, tooleyest guy here!"




6 comments:

  1. Hey, FYI - I ran this 1 page dungeon at Wintercon in MI last weekend. The players really enjoyed it and I had fun running it. Ran it in D&D 5e. I also recreated your opening hill scene in 3D. There is a picture of it in my twitter photos. My account is @prshiner. Thanks for writing & drawing out such a cool little dungeon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mock-up of the mound looks great! I'm glad you enjoyed the adventure and hope you forgive the late reply.

      Delete
  2. I ran this dungeon about a couple of weeks ago as a test-drive for The Black Hack 2e! Really enjoyed it–I wrote about it on my very new blog :-P

    https://wizardswithlaserrifles.blogspot.com/2019/05/giving-black-hack-2e-test-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I keep forgetting I wrote this thing, and I'm always delighted to find out people actually run it. :)

      Delete
  3. I know its like four years later but I gave this a shot with some players with some heavily modified lore, thanks for the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran this dungeon for my players as our second session and it went great.

    My players allied with Hogor against the Elf, and tricked one of the goblins into thinking Blehk was in on their plan to assassinate the Elf then had him "accidentally" blurt that out, making the elf think Blehk was going to betray him. After the Elf killed Blehk he thanked them for bringing it to his attention, after which they shoved him into the trap, killing him. They dumped the Elf's body down the hole, then killed the centipedes with missile weapons when they came to eat the fresh meat. They then lured Gilliard the ghoul and his skeletons to under the trapdoor and then dropped shit onto them until they all died. All in all it was a great intro session for OSR play- they really got a lot out of exploiting the environment and factions. This dungeon does a great job of packing a lot into a really tiny environment.

    ReplyDelete